Designer Spotlight: Suno

The spring 2009 collection for Suno designed by Maxwell Osterweis, has left me feeling giddy and inspired. The collection showcases the Kenyan kanga cloth and according to the site, the collection was inspired by the women of coastal East Africa, as well as the women from downtown New York. Although the garments are designed and developed in NY, they are produced in Kenya . The vivid hues and patterns of these garments are fun and whimsical and would easily add a touch of spring to any wardrobe.



Photocredits go to Piperlime @ Refinery 29

7 comments:

Rosilen said...

I love how your designer spotlight feature African designers. AWESOME photo spread. i love the style!!

LadyRed said...

Wow, these dresses are amazing. I just finished posting about how I need a great dress for a destination wedding in june... these are the perfect inspiration.

Bombchell said...

those are so pretty!!!!

Jane said...

Just arrived at your blog via Sheila at Ephemera - I love what you do with the clothes.

Marian said...

I adore Suno,the prints just make me smile! they are the perfect antidote to miserable winter.
muah x

Marian

C said...

wow
i love the pics
x..

Renaissance Festivals said...

really designer spotlight feature African designers beautiful collocation and explanation.

Thankx for sharing
Renaissance-Festivals.com