Designer Spotlight: Sika

Even in the thick of winter's cold air, i'm looking forward to the warmness and fresh start that comes with spring. And what better way to start over than in girly and modern in native cloth. I saw this Sika Designs on Ciaafrique's blog and fell in love with the use of lace, colors and style of these dresses. Showcasing beautiful african print and modern styles, these gorgeous dresses are fun and flirty and make me yearn for days when i can leave home without wearing tights. Spring brings out the girly girl in me, and i'm adding some of these dresses to my spring wishlist.















Pics are from Sikadesigns.com

11 comments:

Cammila said...

What a cool use of shapes, patterns, and fabrics. Tribal meets New Look. :0

WendyB said...

Love the long green dress.

Rosilen said...

I', in love with the yellow dress that's five pictures down.

Andrea Eames said...

Any of these would look great on you. You wear prints so well.

bellecosmetics1.blogspot.com said...

Hi lady D.
This is my first time commenting on ur blog.
This designs are really beautiful!

Anonymous said...

WOW these are beautiful!!

Dropsofglamour said...

I love his designs. You would definitely stand out in one of these fab numbers. I want one!

Anonymous said...

Wow, all of those designs would look amazing on you. I love the prints, they are just bold and interesting! I gotta at least one piece like that in my wardrobe.

Mr. Writer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sheila said...

Those are fabulous! I want!

Unknown said...

OMG thank you so much for posting the links to these African fashion sites! I'm totally in love! I think these styles are totally me, even though I'm not African. The vibrant prints and gorgeous colors remind me of Asian designs too. Those dresses especially are fab-u-lous!

Sigh. They are making me really miss my homeland (Sri Lanka). I go all-out with bright colors when I'm there!