Fixing Shoes That Are Too Big

Imagine

You go hunting for the perfect shoes, and you find them, only they're a size too big, or a size too small. Don't think it could happen to you? Well i thought so too, and then it did!! THE HORROR! I found a pair of brown peep-toe pumps that literally called my name and begged me to take them home with me. I was so glad and felt quite smug to be snagging the last pair of these beauties and when I tried them on in the store, and they fit well. But when i got home, and tried them on, they felt very loose.

What was i to do? If i couldn't fix my shoes, then i would be doomed to find my new darlings a new home. First was the denial ( I wouldn't accept it and wore the shoes to work, i had to drag my feet and take baby steps all day).Then was the final resolve to find a cure for my too-big shoes, or find them a new home. I called up A Shoe Repair Store @ my local mall and inquired about their shoe repair techniques. It was quite simple really, he inserted a pad where the foot archs, to keep the foot from sliding forward, as well as a padding in the back to keep the foot from lifting out of the shoe.

And folks, it works! All for about $6.00.

He also said he had shoe enlarging techniques, i've yet to try that one out, but i'll keep you posted.

That being said, there may be no need to give up on those heels that may be a little loose.

You can thank me later..lol.

1 comments:

quarter-life-crisis said...

Thanks!!! I am a lover of shoes also. I have a love/hate relationship with my shoe size. I love it because no one can fit my shoe size and that mean no one can ask to wear them! LOL The hate side is that I wear a 5 1/2 and sometimes I can not find a shoe lower than a size 6!

Loving the blog by the way!