Inauguration

There was a palpable excitement in the air today, not in my 8 o clock class though because everyone was still asleep in there, but after that, excited people everywhere. Most likely because the 44th and First African American President, Barack Obama was inaugurated into office today. It was such a beautiful occasion, and even though i'm not in Washington, its incredibly exciting to know that i was able to witness history being made. And more importantly i'll even have documentation of what i was wearing. Hehe!

As far as my clothes, I couldn't resist wearing my pink coat again today. Plus, it was just what i needed for today's dip in temperatures because it was once again in the teens when i left home this morning. I wore pants that could be seen as pushing the boundaries of "office appropriate" pants simply because they're so fitted(or tight-like according to my sister). Thankfully i work in a very business casual work place and i have a gray cardi which i think balances out the super fitted look of the pants..

Coat (vintage)
Gray Cardi ( Target)
Shirt (Target)
Pants (Victoria Secret)
Boots (Gojane)
Gloves ( F21)
Bag (Target)



Photo credits go to my ever considerate Manfriend!

8 comments:

HEY! said...

HAHA im my highschool we had asign up list anhd people (me included) got to watch it live in the auditorium..... im from canada btw and we LOVE OBAMA! its really true we were cheering and everything for him and Aritha franklin was singing and it was sooo cool :)

Anonymous said...

i'm a complete & die hard obama supporter :) i loved his speech!!

xoxo,
La C.

Anonymous said...

Today was such a wonderful day! I watched/listened to the inauguration in my office today and had tears in my eyes and goosebumps on my arms. Ahh, what a great day! Love that coat by the way!

Sheila said...

Very cute outfit! I think you balanced the shoes with the pants perfectly.

Andrea Eames said...

That pink coat is so awesome, I love it.

Anonymous said...

Great coat and the color is fabulous!

Liz said...

This Outfit is so beautiful. I love your pink coat....

Anonymous said...

that coat is beautiful, and you look great, i love your blog.