Satin

i always end up distracted by other things when i'm supposed to be studying. take for instance when i was supposed to be reading for my very exciting econ class,i ended up watching How to Marry A Millionaire with Marilyn Monroe, Betty Grable and Lauren Bacall .A humorous movie about how people make plans, and then life happens, something everyone can relate to. I'm in love with the ladies' incredibly glamourous wardrobe for the movie; filled with chic hats, high waisted skirts, beautiful gowns and luxurious furs that made the movie even more fun watch.



Which led me to googling Marilyn Monroe (when i was supposed to be doing practice problems) and found this :



Which served as the inspiration for this outfit as interpreted by me. I finally got to wear this satin button down that seems a bit too short to wear any other way but tucked in.

shirt-express, Skirt (dress worn as skirt ), Tights- Target, Shoes -Bakers, Bag- Franchesca's Collection, Sweater- Target, Belt-Dots
*Photo credits go to my sis Lachmeister!

5 comments:

Milly said...

Nice Outfit!

Shen Dove said...

I love your outfit! I like the fact that all the colors coordinate with each other without being exactly the same.

Sheila said...

You look amazing! This is a great look for you.

I watched "Designing Woman" with Lauren Bacall a few weeks back - same era/style of clothes, and the whole movie is...about clothes. *drool*

Erica said...

What a great color combo! I wouldn't think forest green and gray, but it looks perfect. And the belt...I love a wide belt. Giving Marilyn a run for money. :)

(I esp. love 40s movies for fashion--the stars in the film noirs always look so chic and fierce.)

Chomy said...

U look great!!