Belt Week Day #3:Soft Neutrals

I learned a very important lesson today: Don't piss off your photographer, at least not before your pictures are taken, otherwise, they come out looking like mine did today. So although there are not many visible face pics, at least you get the general idea of what i was wearing. I really need to invest in a tripod...lol. The shirt is actually a silk jumpsuit from f21, its tucked into my pleated cream colored skirt. I'm really trying to get as much mileage from my summer wardrobe as i can. I was a bit iffy about how this look was going to turn out, but overall, i think it came out well. I just realized how much i wear these lace up peep toes, and its a lot. When i bought them, i didn't realize what a staple they'd become in my closet. They're so versatile... i will see if i can try to wear them a little less, so that the other shoes in my closet will get to shine as well.
Shirt (shirtdress from f21)
Pleated Cream Skirt (Thrifted)
Belt (Dots)
Shoes(Rugged Wearhouse)






6 comments:

Unknown said...

This is very cool! The skirt is a great silhouette for you. I like how you wore the kind of "edgy"-looking belt and shoes with it, because otherwise the skirt might look a bit too "proper" and stodgy. With your accessories it looks modern and young.

Anonymous said...

Great belt, I saw something similar at DOTS. Really cute!!

Sheila said...

So cute! I love those shoes - wear 'em till they go out of style. I'll be wearing my new gladiators until everyone is sick of them.

What is Dots? We have a store here called that, but I don't think it can be the same.

Erica said...

That soft grey looks great on you...very modern look!

*Diane* said...

Thanks Ladies!

@ Sheila: Dots is a ladies clothing store. They 're pretty good at keeping up with trends at affordable prices. Its a great place to shop for accessories. If you have something in mind, i don't mind checking for you...

Yankeenaijababe said...

Hey girl, check out those heels of yours. I love the sandals,looks like something I watched from "Sex and the City." Wow, love the combination. You got it all together o. Keep it up