Honest Weblog Award

I have been tagged for the Honest Weblog award by the lovely Madame April, AKA Penny Pinching Princess. Thanks Miss!!

Here are the rules of what to do with this award, and then the list of 10 honest things about me.

Rules:
When you receive the prize you must write a post showing it, together with the name of who has given it to you, and link them back. Choose a minimum of 7 blogs (or more) that you find brilliant in their content or design. Show their names and links and leave them a comment informing they were prized with ‘Honest Weblog’.
Show a picture of those who awarded you and those you give the prize (optional).List [if you can and/or dare] at least ten honest things about yourself. And then, pass it on.”

*I was hoping to not have to scare you guys with crazy tidbits about myself but no such luck. Here ‘s 10 things about me that you can’t tell @ a glance, which I like to call: The crazy behind the cool…lol.*

1. I think scars make people interesting, there’s always a story behind them, and I have plenty of stories behind my major scars The scar on my right knee that I’m pretty proud of is the first battle scar I remember getting. I was jumping up and down on a broken couch and fell on a random nail that was sticking out (but I didn’t see) and it impaled the inside of my right leg by my knee.

2. I had this weird fascination with glasses. I thought they were the coolest thing ever. I used to beg God to worsen my vision so that I’d need glasses…I know it’s weird, it’s just as a little girl of 7 or 8 years old, all the cool adults I knew wore glasses.

3. I feel weird talking about guys hitting on me. Even to my friends.. I get really uncomfortable, so I just omit it from stories and conversations… I have no idea why…I’m really interested in this, so if anyone reading this has any input as to why, please feel free to comment..

4. When I first arrived in the states, when eating a pepperoni pizza, I used to take the cheese off , and then put the pepperoni back on, I’ve grown to like the cheese on pepperoni pizza, but I’m still not too much of a cheese fan.

5. I get a little angry when people ask me why I smile so much. Why would one ask someone else why they smile SO MUCH? Like it’s a bad thing to smile….GRR, I’m getting upset thinking about it..lol

6. I love things a lot of people (like my Manfriend and my sisters) consider “corny”. That ranges from movies that may make me cry (Anyone seen P.S I Love You / The Notebook) to things like random celebrations of “Friend-vesaries” and half-birthdays .

7. It has recently been brought to my attention that if I’m eating a meal, say @ a restaurant and I’m enjoying it, I start dancing..…lol. I know that’s a bit odd. Now, if my attention is diverted, like I’m watching a movie or reading while I eat, I don’t dance.

8. Reading is my passion, and If I find a really, really good book, I get a little sad when its ending.

9. I’m terrified that I’ll never figure out the “right” career field so I like talking to people who love their careers and jobs because I’m hoping whatever helped them figure it out will somehow magically make it clear to me what my passion (career-wise ) is.

10. I decided to start blogging in March of this year. I got really excited, and hyped it up to anyone who would listen. Then I got too busy and got bored doing it. That whole rise of my blogging lasted a week...ok 3 days to be exact. My friends and family who knew about my fall from blogging, mocked me and my attention span ( ! It’s not my fault I get bored quite easily. People and things get boring..lol) Then in August, because I’m stubborn and hate being a quitter, I jumped back on the blogging bandwagon. And so far, I’m not bored yet..

To all you lovely ladies, consider yourself tagged. Especially you: Sheila of Ephemera, and Miss Fashion Guru!

3 comments:

Erica said...

Oh, I love reading too! So, so much...sometimes I don't finish my law reading because I'm reading something interesting.

It's nice to know more about you. :)

And as to number three, it makes me uncomfortable, too, and I think the reason there is that I feel conceited if I talk about it...because when other people tell me those stories, I always think, "Oh Lord. Yes, we know you're hot. Moving on."

Andrea Eames said...

I'm the same with reading - and I love that you do a little dance when enjoying a meal, that's hilarious! :)

And smiling is a good thing. :D

Sheila said...

I can totally picture your dancing. :)

I will do my 10 things today...when I get back from lunch! It's been a very busy week.